Welcome to the perfect place to discuss anything and everything related to HIGH-TECH TENNIS.

Comments regarding our ongoing anonymous research project will be included,
as well as anything else we think is interesting.


THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roger's Choice: TENNIS or TWINS?

For those who know me, this goes without saying...For those who don't, here's my DISCLAIMER: Roger Federer is my favorite tennis player AND my favorite human being. Seriously. Nobody else even comes close. I fully admit I'm OBSESSED with RF and by posting this topic, I intend NO disrespect to he who must be respected ALWAYS. Also - the point of this topic is much bigger than the typical "Roger sucks" or "Nadal is #1" so if you want to share those type of comments, please take them elsewhere. K? K. Thanks.

SO.....We all see that Roger's struggling (sad but true) but I've been wondering WHY he's struggling. Is he getting too old? Now that he's accomplished everything and more, does he not "want" to win as much as he did? Or is it (as Danny thinks) much more simple than that: The reason Roger is not winning is because of THE KIDS.

This reminds me of my favorite lecture given by my favorite Penn State professor (seems like a million lifetimes ago but it's still so relevant): CHOICES. The class was a Western Civilization Literature or some such thing but the point that stuck with me was that ALL things cannot be Priority #1 in your life. By extension, I think my professor would say that Roger must CHOOSE his priority in his life...Is it TENNIS or is it his beautiful baby TWINS? Or is this a ridiculous question, lol. Hey - I'm no philosopher. Just a frustrated FED fan!

Now what do YOU think? Thanks in advance for your thoughtful responses and let's see if we can solve this all-important question! :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well its smart to have your own identity. When players try to play too much like a certain pro they should try to tips from them but still stay true to their own style.
Next Fed hasn't lost that much, a few times this year. Plus Fed is 29 and as you said he has a family no, so all things catch up to us. Yet millions of people in USA have to have families, work and have alot less of the resources that Fed has.

So really it is inevitable as one approaches 30, no matter how great they are time catches us all.
Really the key thing for Fed is to start to make gradual transitions out of tennis has his daily profession and into new areas as work. Plus he has a family that will require alot of time an energies...Yet I am sure Fed will want to expand into another profession once he exits tennis, like charities and business operations.

I like your post...
K
www.ktennisk.com